To mark the milestone of 100 customers using its services, conveyancing company YouConvey has shared its key findings since launching in February 2022.
Eddie Goldsmith, who started the business with the aim of reducing stress, anxiety and timescales associated with conveyancing, offered the following tips from YouConvey’s journey so far:
- Conveyancing is stressful and having a friendly voice at the end of the phone helps customers to feel more comfortable.
- Customers want to know how much it is all going to cost – make sure customers are aware that if the property is leasehold, it’s going to cost more.
- Customers don’t understand the conveyancing process – break the process down to a few headlines to make it easier to digest.
- Good communication is key so provide regular updates.
- Explain the legal jargon – rather than use conveyancing terms such as ‘raising enquiries’, simplify it so customers have a better understanding.
- Work with the right conveyancers – any service will fall foul if an important stakeholder, such as the conveyancer, is unresponsive.
Goldsmith commented: “Over my 40 years in conveyancing I have always thought what a poor customer experience many customers received. I have never come across anyone who enjoyed the journey, with most vowing never to move again!
“I launched YouConvey with the customer foremost in my mind by looking at the process from solely the customer’s perspective to see how I could reduce the stress, anxiety and lack of transparency. I am delighted with the response that YouConvey has had so far from both customers and the industry.”
Comments are closed.