Property Industry Eye Ltd (“the Company”) is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
This policy (together with the relevant Terms and Conditions of use, including the definitions of terms and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data that the Company collects from Users, or that Users provide to the Company, will be processed by the Company.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
If you do not agree to our processing of your data in the manner outlined in the Policy, please do not submit any personal data to us.
Who is the controller of the data that you provide to us?
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (‘the Act’), the data controller is Property Industry Eye Ltd, whose registered office is at 73-75 High Street, Stevenage, Herts, SG1 3HR. We ensure that the data you supply to us is processed fairly and lawfully, and with skill and care and used only for the purposes set out in this policy.
What information will The Company collect?
The Company may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on any Company websites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use a Company website, subscribing to a service, posting Material or requesting further services. The Company may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by the Company.
- If you contact the Company, a record may be kept of that correspondence.
- The Company may also ask you to complete surveys that are used for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions carried out through a Company website and of the fulfilment of orders from you.
- Details of your visits to a Company website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for the Company’s own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that are accessed by Users.
Where details may be collected or Users’ details processed other than included above this information will be notified to Users as appropriate.
Uses made of the Information
- To ensure that content from a Company website is presented in the most effective manner for Users and their computers.
- To provide Users with information, products or services that the User requests from the Company.
- To provide Users with information which it feels may interest the User, where the User has consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out the Company’s obligations arising from any contracts entered into between it and the User.
- To allow Users to participate in interactive features of the Company’s service, when Users choose to do so.
- To notify Users about changes to the Company’s service.
The Company may also use a User’s data to provide a User with information about goods and services which may be of interest to the User and the Company may contact the User about these by post or telephone.
Users may opt-in to receive our daily newsletter emails plus email marketing via Property Industry Eye from our advertising clients. We fund our journalism and website through advertising on the site and email marketing on behalf of advertising clients to our subscriber database.
Can I unsubscribe/ opt-out of your services?
You may opt out of both our daily newsletter email and the emails sent on behalf of advertising clients. You may request to unsubscribe from all emails by using the unsubscribe link that appears on the emails – usually in the footer.
N.B. If you unsubscribe you will no longer receive either the daily newsletter or the emails sent on behalf of advertising clients. All emails will cease.
How long will you hold my information for?
We may hold your information for as long as is necessary to comply with our statutory and contractual obligations and in accordance with our legitimate interests as a data controller.
We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that your personal data is maintained and up-to-date. However, you are under a duty to inform us of any and all changes to your Personal Data to ensure that it is up-to-date and we will update or delete your personal data accordingly. You can contact us directly on email@example.com
Sending us information over the internet
Your information is held on servers hosted by us or our Internet Services Provider. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Storing Users Personal Data
All information Users provide to the Company is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. No credit card information is retained beyond the time necessary to process the transaction.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although the Company will do its best to protect Users’ personal data, it cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to a Company website; any transmission is at User’s own risk. Once the Company has received information from a User, it will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Users have several options to allow them to block or delete cookies that are created on Company websites or on those of third parties.
Disclosure of User Information
The Company may disclose Users personal information to any member of the Property Industry Eye Ltd group of companies, which means if applicable its subsidiaries, its holding company and any subsidiaries of Property Industry Eye Ltd, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
The Company may disclose Users personal information to third parties:
- In the event that it sells or buys any business or assets, in which case it may disclose Users personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If the Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If the Company is under a duty to disclose or share Users personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply its Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, its customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Access To Information
You may request us to confirm what information we hold about you at any time and may request us to modify, update or delete such information. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and will give you reasons for doing so. We will seek to act on your request in the timescale required by applicable data protection laws. You may request confirmation of information held about you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to The Information Officer, Property Industry Eye Ltd, 73-75 High Street, Stevenage, Herts SG1 3HR.
Company websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of the Company’s partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If Users follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that the Company does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before submitting any personal data to these websites.
We will never pass on your information to any third party and our advertising clients will never have access to your information.