The Association of Residential Managing Agents (ARMA) raised more than £5,000 for children’s charity Rainbow Trust as it recognised leading firms in the sector at the 2018 ACE awards.
The ceremony at Tobacco Dock in London was attended by more than 500 industry professionals and recognised achievements by residential managing agents, their suppliers and staff in supporting leaseholders.
The 18 winners were announced following a rigorous adjudicating process by a panel of independent judges.
Winners included Kay & Co, which was named smaller managing agent of the year.
Martin Bikhit, managing director at Kay & Co, said: “We are delighted to have been recognised for our commitment to the managing agent industry. We pride ourselves on our ability to understand clients’ unique requirements and service them accordingly.
“We are also extremely proud of our dedicated team, who work tirelessly to provide an exceptional service, with a focus firmly on continued improvements to our leaseholders’ experience through their own personal development.”
The event raised £5,800 for Rainbow Trust, which supports families caring for a seriously ill child.
Nigel Glen, chief executive of ARMA, said: “The winners are a real credit to the industry and I know what a hard job the judges had in deciding who should go home with a trophy from so many outstanding finalists.
“The winning firms and team members are setting the standard for companies that wish to be recognised for achieving excellence and best practice in their field.”
The full list of winners:
* Smaller Managing Agent of the Year – Kay & Co
* Medium Managing Agent of the Year – JFM Block & Estate Management
* Larger Managing Agent of the Year – PMS Managing Estates
* National/Largest Managing Agent of the Year – Rendall & Rittner
* On-site staff member of the Year – Nick Twigger, McCarthy & Stone Management Services
* Corporate Social Responsibility Firm of the Year – Michael Laurie Magar
* Service Charge Accountant of the Year – Julija Bizna, McCarthy & Stone Management Services
* Apprentice of the Year – Megan Smith, Jennings & Barrett
* Property Personality of the Year – Emma Blaney, Warwick Estates
* Employer of the Year – Warwick Estates
* Major Works Project of the Year – Parkgate Aspen Property Management
* Honorary Industry Award – Peter Dening, Pennycuick Collins
* Legal Services Provider of the Year – Brady Solicitors
* Customer Service Award – Future Lighting
* Unsung Hero – Kasia Luraniec, SPL Property Management
* Partner of the Year – Abbatt Property Services
* Service Charge Accountancy Firm of the Year – BDO
* Industry Supplier of the Year – Energicity