Purplebricks is by far and away the largest single estate agency brand in the UK, new figures show. However, Connells is the biggest agency group.
By number of listings, the figures claim, Purplebricks is over three times the size of the next nearest single brand, William H Brown, part of the Connells Group.
However, the figures claim that Purplebricks is down 24% from last year’s tables.
The figures also show that in terms of estate agency groups, Connells is first, followed by Countrywide and then Purplebricks.
The stats show that US models Keller Williams (152 listings with 141 agents and eXp UK 77 listings with 16 agents) have yet to make much progress in the UK.
Yesterday evening, Estate Agency League Tables released the figures exclusively to EYE.
We are unable to corroborate the figures or confirm the source.
However, this is the third successive year we have been exclusively given the figures for the estate agency league table, and we have been given these figures on the same basis for the last two years.
Numbers are said not to include properties under offer, commercial or new-builds.
The figures are said to have been compiled from a number of cross-referenced sources, including the property portals.
Here are the current estate agency available property league tables (as of December 2019), shown exactly as EYE has been given them.
Estate Agency Brand Table
- This table shows the top 20 estate agency brands in the UK by number of available properties in December 2019
|Rank||Estate Agency Brand||Available Properties|
|1||Purplebricks (Hybrid/ Online)||16,284|
|2||William H. Brown (Connells)||5,316|
|5||Your Move (LSL)||4,661|
|7||Reeds Rains (LSL)||3,074|
|8||Express Estate Agency (Hybrid/ Online)||2,807|
|10||YOPA (Hybrid/ Online)||2,477|
|14||Bairstow Eves (Countrywide)||1,978|
|15||Fine & Country||1,962|
|17||Pattinson Estate Agents||1,919|
Estate Agency Group Table
- This table shows the top 20 estate agency groups in the UK by number of available properties in December 2019
- The compilers have combined the brands for all estate agencies into groups
- For example: Ward & Partners, Cubitt & West, Douglas Allen and Pittis are combined to give a grand total for Arun Estates
|Rank||Estate Agency Group||Available Properties|
|3||Purplebricks (Hybrid/ Online)||16,284|
|8||The Property Franchise Group||3,441|
|9||Express Estate Agency (Hybrid/ Online)||2,807|
|11||YOPA (Hybrid/ Online)||2,477|
|15||Leaders Romans Group||1,969|
|16||Fine & Country||1,962|
|17||Pattinson Estate Agents||1,919|
|20||Housesimple (Hybrid/ Online)||1,779|
Hybrid/ Online Estate Agency Table
- This table shows the top 20 hybrid/ online estate agencies in the UK by number of available properties in December 2019
|Rank||Hybrid/ Online Estate Agency||Available Properties|
|2||Express Estate Agency||2,807|
|10||Open House Estate Agents||251|
|15||Online Estate Agents||130|
Here are some of the key findings and general comments by the compilers:
- The tables have been generated based on data from December 2019
- Stock levels are considerably down across the board compared to last year
- Connells are comfortably the largest estate agency group in the UK
- Purplebricks (down 24%) have been heavily hit since last year’s tables but still remain as the most prominent For Sale board in the country
- It is surprising to see the lack of progress made by Keller Williams (152 listings with 141 agents on their website) and eXp UK (77 listings with 16 agents on their website) especially with all of the fanfare and noise
- Also, Housesimple (1,779 listings) do not appear to be gathering much traction despite selling homes for free