Could not get leasehold management pack

Property Industry Eye – Where news comes first The Arena Property Law Forum Could not get leasehold management pack

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Author

chemistfrombolton

Hi

I recently tried to sell my BTL apartment in Liverpool and had a buyer. However after months of trying to get the leasehold management pack from the management company, the sale fell through. I am now stuck with an apartment draining money (council tax and maintenance fees, without a tenant). My solicitor tried and tried to get the pack, but without success. Without it, there is no chance of sale.

Are there any legal people out there that can suggest a way forward.

PeeBee

I appreciate this is stating the obvious – but what legal advice did your solicitor offer to resolve the issue during the sale process?

chemistfrombolton

Hi Peebee, they did not offer any advice, they simply repeatedly requested the pack from the management companies solicitors. Eventually when the sale fell through because of the delay, they simply gave up.

PeeBee

Did you not contact the LMC yourself in an attempt to speed things up?

PeeBee

And what about your Agent?  Did they not rattle some cages?

chemistfrombolton

I did not approach Lmc as they are well known to be uncooperative.

PeeBee

Sorry – I thought you said you had wanted to sell your property.

My mistake.

Retiredandrelaxed

Seems to be a bit of a cop out from the lawyers. They should have been able to advise what, if any, steps could have been taken to get LMC to take action and should also be able to advise whether or not there are any potential penalties or sanctions that could be invoked.

Asking for legal advice on here is unlikely to produce as accurate a result as that from your own lawyers, given that they should have a grasp on all the details of your situation, something which this community won’t have, apart from the info you have set out in your original post. If your lawyers can’t (or won’t) advise in these circumstances, it suggests to me that you need to look for a more pro-active and helpful lawyer.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Retiredandrelaxed.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.